Friday, December 26, 2014

Game On

If I ran a game store I would like to play the song Game On by 3d6, but it's NSFW.

The lines don't all rhyme and they don't all have the right number of syllables and the song is a bit too loud and it's sort of offensive. That's all because 3d6 is a "nerd punk" band. They're rules breakers, not rules lawyers. Game On is their ode to D&D. It's about a guy and his girlfriend who decide to visit their favorite local game store and get in an adventure. The guy has a problem with the DM, who seems to be favoring the other PCs and his own NPCs, so the guy goes outside and cuts the brakes on the DM's car. Even if this song were SFW it would still go on the IFFY list because it's messed up. The voice of the song is rather impatient and sounds angry, and who wants to game while listening to that? I might. I listen to this song while I drive and I enjoy its hectic pace.

I get the feeling that the guys in 3d6 - Dave, Anthony, and Rudy - were all delinquents. I envision them at 13-years-old, watching ThunderCats on the patio where they're allowed to smoke and curse at Lion-O. They probably game with half-melted minis because they like to destroy stuff. They're dice throwers for sure. Maybe I'm wrong, but their music makes me think this.

Game On is from 3d6's 2011 album, Damage.

Game On on Google Play


Game On lyrics

On a Sunday afternoon
While sitting staring in my room
I wanted to get in a game
That people sometimes say is lame
My girl looked at me and said
"I've always really wanted to play"
So I found the nearest spot
It was just around the block

I found a new Dungeon Master
Said he'd help me level faster
This game won't be a disaster
I found a new Dungeon Master

Game on
Game on
Game on
Game on

Walked to the table, took a seat
Created a character sheet
Met the players shook their hand
Started questing land to land
Had a wizard, had a fighter
We should play a real all-nighter
Then I started catching on
He was doing shit all wrong

'Bout to smack the Dungeon Master
Needs to add up X.P. faster
He's kinda slow like Master Blaster
Gonna smack the Dungeon Master

Game on
Game on
Game on
Game on

I wish I could get in his brain
He was doin' stuff that's strange
I was losing sanity
He was cheering enemies
I was slashin', I was slaying
Other people he was paying
Went outside to take a break
Flipped out a knife, cut his brakes

I just killed the Dungeon Master
Should've let me level faster
His car now equals disaster
I just killed the Dungeon Master

Game on
Game on
Game on
Game on

Game on
Game on
Game on
Game on

No comments:

Post a Comment